Reactive Insurance Solutions is the controller of your personal data - if you need to contact us regarding the processing of your personal data you can contact us at:Post: Quality Control Team, Kingsland House, 21 Hinton Road, Bournemouth, Dorset, BH1 2DETelephone: 01202 313244
What information we hold about you and where we obtain this from
The personal data that we collect about you includes the following information:
· Personal data such as your name, address, contact details that you provide to us in person, via our website or by telephone.
· Financial details, such as your bank account.
· Information about your use of our website such as your IP address, which is a unique number identifying your computer, including personal data gathered using cookies
We collect your personal data from you when you enquire for insurance, when we set up your policy, and when we make changes to your policy for you. This may also involve the collection of data from or about others who are associated with you and your insurance policy such as other persons insured on your policy.
We also collect data from data brokers where we have a legitimate interest and data from data brokers where you have given your explicit consent for your data to be provided to us and for us to contact you via telephone, email or SMS regarding our products. You can withdraw your consent at any time by contacting us on the address shown above.
How we use your personal data and the lawful basis for doing so
Purposes for which we process your personal data
1. In order to perform our contractual obligations to you.
2. Your details may be used by us to market and promote other our products and services.
3. To administer your account, including financial transactions for insurance broking.
4. To service providers / service engineers to undertake the repair to your appliance and to provide us with relative technical information.
5. To assist in the prevention and reduction of fraud and other financial crime.
6. In the interests of security and to improve our service, telephone calls you make to us will be monitored and/or recorded.
7. To meet the requirements of any relevant regulator or dispute resolution provider.
8. To enable us to market and promote similar products and services to those you have already received.
9. To enable us to carry out profiling analysis to help us develop our products/services and to better understand our customers and prospective customers We will ensure that any data will be anonymised.
10. To assist with training and prevent fraud telephone calls are recorded.
The basis on which we can do this (this is what the law allows)
1. To deliver the insurance or service provided under the contract.
2. The processing is needed to pursue our legitimate interest in operating our business. You can object to this contact at any time.
3. The processing is needed in connection with any contract that you may enter into with us.
4. This process is needed to enable us to fulfil our contract with you and arrange a repair. You can object to this contact at any time.
5. The processing is needed for us to comply with our legal requirements.
6. The processing is needed to pursue our legitimate interest in the management and operation of our business.
7. The processing is needed to enable us to fulfil our regulatory and legal requirements.
8. The processing is needed to pursue our legitimate interest in operating our business. You can withdraw your permission at any time.
9. The processing is needed to pursue our legitimate interest in operating our business.
10. The processing is needed to pursue our legitimate interest in operating our business.
We will only store your data for as long as is necessary to comply with the requirements of your insurance contract and any legal obligations or lawful processing conditions that may exist as a result.
You can ask us to:
· Provide a copy of your personal information that we hold about you.
· Ask us to correct or delete unnecessary or inaccurate personal information.
· Right to be forgotten and have all the data that we hold about you erased.
· Restrict or to object to the use of your personal information at any time.
· Object to any automated decision, including profiling which may have been used.
· Provide your personal data in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and to have your personal data transferred to another controller.
· Where we rely on your consent to use your personal information, you can withdraw that consent at any time.
· The right to make a complaint to the Information Commissioner’s Office.
For more information please visit www.ico.org.uk.
Disclosures to third parties
We may pass your data to other organisations such as insurers, auditors, external consultants, credit providers, banks, regulators, repairers and appliance suppliers to enable us to fulfil the contract and meet our regulatory requirements.
How we contact you about other products and services We will use your personal data to let you know about similar products and services that could be of interest to you. This is based on the “soft opt-in” set out under the Privacy and Electronic Communications Regulations.
Depending on your preference, we may contact you by post, telephone or e-mail. You will be given the option to stop receiving any communications from us in this regard at any time. However, please note that this will not affect us contacting you about the servicing of products that you have specifically requested from us.
What information do we collect?
We may collect, store and use the following kinds of personal data:
information about your visits to and use of this website;
information that you provide to us via or online contact forms.
Information about website visits
Third Party Cookies
Pages with embedded content from other websites such as Facebook, YouTube and Twitter, may present cookies. Similarly, when you use one of the share buttons on our website, a cookie may be set by the service you have chosen to share content through. Zest does not control the dissemination of these cookies. You should check the relevant third party website for more information about these.
How do you change your cookie settings
Most web browsers allow some control of most cookies through the browser settings. To find out more about cookies, including how to see what cookies have been set and how to manage and delete them, visit www.aboutcookies.org or www.allaboutcookies.org.
To opt out of being tracked by Google Analytics across all websites visit http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
The JSESSIONID cookie is used to store a session identifier so that New Relic can monitor session counts for the website tracking cookies.
_ga _gat _gid
These are Google Analytics cookies and we use them to distinguish unique users by assigning a randomly generated number as a client identifier. It is included in each page request in a site and used to calculate visitor, session and campaign data for the sites analytics reports. You can opt out of Google Analytics tracking here: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout?hl=en
We embed videos from our official YouTube channel using YouTube’s privacy-enhanced mode. This mode may set cookies on your computer once you click on the YouTube video player, but YouTube will not store personally-identifiable cookie information for playbacks of embedded videos using the privacy-enhanced mode.
Changes to this policy
© 2020 Zest is a trading name of Home Appliance Guard Ltd who are ultimately owned by zest group. Home Appliance Guard Ltd registered address is Kingsland House, 21 Hinton Road, Bournemouth, Dorset, BH1 2DE. Registered in England and Wales under the Company number 05927936.